Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our Nuptial Hour Draws On Apace

What Hippolita REALLY looked like 4 days before her wedding

11 days!!!!! OMG! I'm really excited and of course - nervous! Not about being married, but about GETTING married, the planning, the headache - oy! This has been a good exercise for me in terms of learning how to keep myself less stressed. There were a lot of things I wanted to do for this wedding that I didn't get to do. Sure, I could have done them, but it ultimately would have led to me being more stressed than I wanted to be. The last thing I want to be is a Bridezilla, for my own sake as much as everyone else's. I am so happy and thankful that I am marrying such a wonderful man, I want to be happy about the wedding, too. So I've been juggling as best I could; throwing things over board (like my centerpiece idea) when I needed to keep afloat and channeling all the anal-retentive organizing skills I've honed.

In honor of that, I made my very own variation on the meme of "what I actually do":

Yes, that's right, I will cope with the stress of my wedding by becoming Obama.


We still have to write the vows, plan the ceremony, and decide where we're taking our mini-honeymoon [we're taking a one-night get away to relax but our real honeymoon will be this summer]. But I know it'll all work out and that anything that doesn't make it into the ceremony will not be lost forever.

Recap of wedding details:

Happening on March 10th at 3pm at 100 Aptos creek drive in Aptos, CA.
It's a pseudo-potluck, many people will be bringing items to give it a community, melting-pot feel.

Live streaming info will be posted soon, I promise. How slow this old moon wanes!

1 comment: